Welcome to our first episode of Mad Makers! This tutorial is for making matchbox shrines. It takes roughly 20-30 minutes, although you can make it at whatever pace you’re comfortable with.
Below is a kit list, a link to the video tutorial, and finally a few pictures for reference. We hope you enjoy crafting! If you have any questions feel free to get in touch at email@example.com.
When you’re finished, don’t forget to send pictures of your creations (if you’d like to share them) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to include as many as possible in the Mad Makers digital art gallery.
- 1 small matchbox
- A pencil
- A pair of scissors (preferably a small pair, if you have some)
- A glue stick (or PVA)
- 2 x small bits of paper – one for decorating the inside of your box, and one for covering the outside
- A small object to put inside your shrine
- Needle and thread, or glue, for placing your object(s) inside
- You might find a ruler comes in handy for measuring your paper
This episode was hosted and edited by Luna Tic.
Stop motion: Luna Tic. Kazoo blower: Anoosheh Dastbaz
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. We ask that you seek our permission before you use any of our material – this includes researchers who want to harvest our data for analysis!